Saturday, January 15, 2005

To My Best Friend....An apology

For better than a year I manipulated you, hurt you, held you back, made you cry, sucked you into my drama, and aided in the halt of your spiritual growth. I saw you hurting, I saw the pain each time I used your dream as a tool to hurt you. You tried to leave but I held on tighter, you tried to gain distance and I pulled you in closer, I made you believe that I would fall apart with out you.
You rarely complained, and yet I convinced my self that it was all "your fault".
There is no way I can give you that time back, there's no way I can replace your last years at home, there's no way I can give you back the lost time with dear friends and fellow players, all I can say is I'm sorry and that falls far short of the apology you deserve.
There is no way to calculate the number of times I hurt you, I can only give you this....
I am so sorry....forgive me.
I admire your strength when I was beating down on you the hardest. I admire the changes in your life that you have made to become closer to Christ, I pray daily that you receive all the wonderful gifts of heaven that God has for you.
You can do anything, you can achieve anything, there are no heights that are out of your reach, And the only person you need is Jesus Christ.
Thank you for never giving up on me. Go out and live for God and God alone.

(here's to RIGHT starts and step one......3)