Thursday, November 04, 2004

Shadow of Me

I pray. Breathing unconsciously, I pray. Alone in my room, I got down on my knees and had one of those heartfelt, tearful, tired when you get done prayers. I needed it. I lay ALL things down before my God. I stood up afterward and gazed at a picture of myself, taken only a year ago. I realized at that moment that by the Grace of God I was different then That girl. I was learning, growing more everyday striving to seek God's will for my life instead of seeking my own. I was not tied to an unhappy relationship built on dependency and selfishness. I now seek a new relationship, one with my Christ and Savior. I hope to next year look at a picture of myself today and see a mere shadow of what I have become. I hope to look at that picture and say today I am better then who I was yesterday and tomorrow I'll be better still, and it's all due to the glorious Grace of God.


Go To HIM.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aaron S. Marshall said...

Your words are spirit filled. They sing songs to me. Thank You Amber.

November 8, 2004 at 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home