Sunday, November 14, 2004

Fighting Temptations

Today I felt it. The tightening of my chest, the sudden drop of a weight in my stomach, the rapidly growing lump in my throat....Today I felt fear, anger, frustration, all of it. I panicked at first, thinking "Oh my God, I'm totally dying, I'm letting this person get to me". I started fighting myself, my clothes, my books, my keys. I just started getting figitty all over, trying to fight the urge to pull a guilt trip on someone to control them, 'cause that's what it is really. This person didn't hurt me, didn't insult me, their day just didn't consist of MY plans. And because I can't control their day, I'm flipping out. What's the problem with someone changing thier Own plans? "Is that a bad thing? NO. Should this individuals plans effect if I accomplish what I planned today? NO. Then why am I doing this? Why do I feel this way?" Oh yeah, I'm an addict. I don't have control, God is in control. My chest felt tight even as I apologized for my behavior. I walked away feeling ashamed and disappointed. Today is ONE DAY. Just one day, tomorrow is a new one. I pray daily, I thank God for the victories and ask him for guidance and strength for the trials. I cannot Fight temptation, I can only Flee it. I cannot set myself up for failure and expect to succeed. I MUST place my faith in God and avoid my drug. I can do it, you can do it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Aaron S. Marshall said...

I hope it is ok that I show others to your blog... Its is awesome... You are leading with your weaknesses and it is impacting.

November 17, 2004 at 11:23 AM  
Blogger Howdim said...

Dear Bryan,

I an glad to know you are still fighting the GOOD fight
for eternal life. I am praying that you will always have the victory. I want to recomend a good book " The Wonderful Spirit Filled Life" by Charles Stanley. It is available on line: http://www.intouch.org/.

Love, Howard
Don't be a stranger!

November 28, 2004 at 3:49 AM  
Blogger babydufus said...

still praying for you amber!

dont be a stranger

November 28, 2004 at 9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home